What We Believe
We believe that the Bible is the complete, inspired and only Word of God.
We believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, and in His miraculous birth, death and resurrection.
We believe that receiving the Holy Spirit is accompanied by the physical evidence of speaking in tongues.
We believe in the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Church.
We believe in prayer for the sick and healing by the power of God.
We believe the fulfillment of Bible prophecy confirms God's plan for the Church, nations and individuals.
We believe Jesus Christ will return to rule the earth for 1,000 years before God creates a new heaven and earth after a final judgement of all men.
Brief articles on each of the above points are here. Below are some more thorough explanations.
Part 1 – You are like God
That seems far-fetched. That in some way, we human beings are like God who sees everything, knows everything, and can do anything.
Does it actually mean that we look like God? Well that can’t be true, since God isn’t made of flesh and blood like we are. But the Bible does say that there is something about each of us that is ‘in the image of God’. And that is our soul. The essence of who we are. The part of us that will never be complete until we have met God.
If we are made in God’s image, then it’s no surprise that through all of man’s history people have searched for God. You may have wondered yourself:
- Is there even a God?
- Is there only one version of God?
- Which version of God should I believe in?
- What is the point of my life?
- Is there anything beyond the grave?
The Bible says some very blunt things about God, and about our relationship with Him. It says things like:
- our souls, the real us, are going to live forever - either in heaven with God, or in hell, a terrible place totally separated from Him.
- that while we can never be good enough for God by ourselves, that the death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ has made that possible, but
- that to be good enough for God, we need to believe in Him, and then to act on that belief through repentance, baptism in water and being sealed by the Holy Spirit.
Getting to know God completes us in a very special way, provides a wonderful purpose and direction for our lives, and helps us through all of life’s difficulties and circumstances.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
More in this series
View the other articles in this series that summarise what the Bible says about what we need to do to re-establish our relationship with Him – to truly become a ‘friend of God’
- Connecting with God
- What must I do to have eternal life – to be saved?
- What’s it like being a Christian?
- How can I believe the Bible is the true Word of God?
Check out other ministry here for a more in depth understanding of how to get saved, how to stay saved and how to ensure you have an ‘abundant life’.
Bibles quoted (NKJV used unless otherwise noted):
NKJV: New King James version © 1982, Thomas Nelson, Inc.
ESV: English Standard version © 2001 by Crossway Bibles.
NLT: New Living Translation © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.
AMP:Amplified Bible © 1954-1987 by The Lockman Foundation.
‘The simple message that we are preaching, the same old Bible message, is a new message again - plain, powerful and exciting. ’ Pr Bob Beverley, Canberra